Thursday, April 2, 2009

Learning about art is a lifelong pursuit...

If you have an interest in collecting art you first have to adopt some of the habits of successful lifelong learners. First, you should want to learn about this topic. I spent many years in the art field, and while it was my career for a long time, I always considered it a fun pursuit. I still do. Use technology to your advantage. You can use the internet to learn about certain periods and styles of art, or to research a specific artist. This was always a bit hard for me since I studied art history before the advent of the computer and still tend to go directly to those massive art history texts to do research. Just remember that technology is only a part of your learning toolbox. Nothing compares to actually looking at the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment